The Ferme de la Chapelle was built by a certain Jérôme Lunati, a church official in Milan, who had come to Geneva in order to become a protestant and thus be able to marry. He acquired a property in the Bachet de Pesay area which was part of Lancy. Before leaving Geneva which he didn’t like, he left his land to the Bishop of Annecy, Jean d’Arenthon, stipulating that the Bishop must build a Catholic chapel there for the inhabitants of Geneva. A chapel dedicated to the Infant Jesus was built and served by the parish of Compesières from 1665. The chapel was very successful until 1679 when King Louis XIV of France established a French Resident in the Republic of Geneva. A chapel was opened in the Resident’s mansion in the Grand-Rue, now the building of the Société de Lecture (the Reading Society), which led to the decline of the chapel in Pesay. During the French Revolution, the Savoy became the Nouveau Département du Mont-Blanc (New Department of Mont-Blanc). Under the new revolutionary laws which demanded, in particular, the sale of religious goods and property, the chapel of Pesay was sold to private individuals. It became the Revillet then the Bellamy Farm before being bought by Lancy in 1978 which renovated it and turned it into a community centre and then, in 1982, a gallery. The municipality of Lancy thus offers a centre for contemporary art and culture through the gallery’s exhibitions and events.